PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange Habits of Your Captains
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 19:06
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingbar- I'd say don't be too quick to make a personal judgement on someone you may not like. He has shown he, too, has the ability, skill....and experience. You don't have to like him. But you do have to ensure you bend to provide him with effective support, no matter what your personal opinions are. That's the fact of it- you are going out for a multi sector day with him, whether you like it or him, or not. He has to provide an environment for effective work to proceed (and some people have peculiar styles!), and you have to ensure it happens. It's not a popularity contest- you don't have to like him, and he doesn't have to like you, but you do have to ensure between you that an effective work environment exists. That does not mean he has to kowtow to everything you say, and at times you will feel you have been humiliated, but it's your responsibility to ensure you get the job done despite that.

Can you believe at this stage it's actually good for you to fly with bastards, bores (and some here would say people like me!) and people you don't like? You have these years to develop a style of your own that produces the goods, even under unpleasant conditions. The end result is when you are in the lhs and you fly with an extremely unpleasant so and so in the rhs (yes, they do exist!), you will have the maturity to shrug it off and still get the job done, and not have the operation come apart. I would fear for you if you only flew with nice people (like prune moderators). Always remember there are many ways to skin a cat (should you want to), and surprisingly, you don't always know which ways are best (I find it better to boil them for a minute first, then the skinning is easier).