PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 19:04
Chugalug2

Received 237 Likes on 73 Posts
JFZ90, far be it for me to answer on behalf of tucumseh (I would not presume to do so), but the first of your quotes is from my post, albeit quoting him and for that nebulous reason alone I feel encouraged to respond. The original question you asked was as to the relevance of an exchange re MRA4 when this thread does not concern that particular aircraft. As one who is trying to follow this and other threads, the connecting link would appear to be the MOD itself and the way that Procurement and specifically Airworthiness aspects of different types (Nimrod, Hercules, Chinook) have been or are being handled at the MOD. Tucumseh says that one can see an oft repeated pattern of shortcomings in these projects that is not thrown up due to the "stovepipe effect" deliberately created by the organisational anomalies of the MOD. This is surely the very antithesis of Flight Safety where everyone should know what anyone knows? There is a worrying miasma within the corridors of the MOD where all should be openness and transparency where Airworthiness and Flight Safety are concerned. I am concerned. TD is concerned, and so I believe are increasing numbers of people!