PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange Habits of Your Captains
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 18:48
wingbar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainbow,
As a recently employed F/o on a jet I feel that there are definately attitudes towards the F/o's which exist in some company's and in others they do not. At my company, we are the last in the pecking order, and have zero respect.
I also feel very afraid to question a particular captain for fear of retributions.
The majority of captain's I fly with are superb operators and generally very nice chaps.
However, of late, we have had an influx of foreign direct entry captain's who are not the most popular and have an awful way of crm environment on the flightdeck.
It is as though we are not capable and stupid in the RHS.
Let me ask a question, if our ability to pilot that aircraft was in question, or our ability to follow company procedures at fault, should we really be there at all? - After all we got through sim, we got through circuits and through line trianing.
The sheer lack of involvement from some captains is shocking, we in particular, have a character who openly airs his relationship, in crew rooms and on the cabin whilst on duty, but then commands all manner of 'respect' when on the flight deck. - Just because he is has the position of captain.
Remember the captain has to be the leader and in order to have the respect from your colleagues, you need to act in an example setting manner, else don't be suprised if your not flavour of the month.
Just my little slant on things, sure many f/o's have had the same thoughts.

Last edited by wingbar; 30th Jul 2007 at 18:58.