PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Race
Thread: Air Race
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 08:30
foxmoth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on Foxy, you're big enough and old enough ( note I didn't say ugly ) to see an entertainment spectacular
Yes its an entertainment spectacular, but look at the history of these pilots - do you really think that guys with the competitive spirit that they have shown are just going to whizz round the tracks not trying to beat the rest? I know if it was me I would be going b***ls out to beat the rest, and I am sure that is going on here no matter what the origional brief was! (And I do not think these are by nature the type that would pay too much attention to team orders
As far as the G goes, the commentators put a lot of emphasis on it, but looking at the race I think it is only at either end of the course that they are doing the high G and these are relatively long simple manouvres which give the pilots brains a chance to catch up from what must be the intense concentration needed to fly the fast, rapidly changing parts of the course.
n.b. If you want to look at my profile I think I do know at least a little what I am talking about!

Last edited by foxmoth; 30th Jul 2007 at 10:08.