PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air Expat Contract
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 07:35
Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korean Air Expat Contract

A word of advise for those interested in this contract. The working conditions are less than attractive as mentioned by the contract agencies. This is why KAL is having trouble retaining and recruiting Pilots.

The $$$s have not been updated in the last 7 years and with the value of the USD weakening daily against most of the currencies
there is no protection against currency exchange in the contract.

There is a rumour that the company is considering raising the salaries in all fleets so they can keep their pilots and interest more applicants. I believe when I see it!

Once you join, the training you will receive will puzzle the most avid and intelligent aviator. Very inmature local Instructors on check mode will demand knowledge of nice to know things and will take you on a trip of guilt and humilliation. They will love to see you lower your head and admit how great they are. Pretty sad.

Rosters are built in an unfair way compared to the local Pilots with no credit for positioning, scheduled flying time over 100 hrs and not getting full credit on it when more than 2 pilots are on board. No overtime is paid even though you work over the 75 hour production limit.

Now about the honesty of the employer....the contract is violated continuosly depending in who and how it is interpreted. It is a cultural thing.

About the people joining as F/Os.... I can not believe there is anybody wanting to go through this experience. Local Captains will give them a quick course on the Korean culture.

The real story has to be told!

Last edited by Poster; 30th Jul 2007 at 08:04.