PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What needs to be done/sign of things to come?-merged
Old 30th Jul 2007, 07:03
notmyC150v2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have to agree with previous posts that business training should be mandatory. But then it should be for anyone who wants to start a business.

Getting the respective departments of Industrial Relations or the Workplace Ombudsman to investigate and prosecute underpaying employers would be a huge start. Although if some of the shonks can't compete by paying low wages they might try and compete by not maintaining aircraft... What's that? They already are??

;lkjasdid .... nonsense, I refuse to believe such a thing. ...lsadfhdsos.ls...

Sorry I just had to retake control of my keyboard from a rogue CASA officer.

But seriously, prosecution of those who breach the rules for profit (or just to stay viable) is the only way to start the improvement of the GA industry. There can be no shortcuts. You can throw money at things like business training and other niceties but as long as some feel there is a way to make an extra buck by taking shortcuts with their statutory responsibilities, they always will.

Oh and free rectinol for GA pilots. That might take away the burning pain of being screwed in the meantime.