PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What needs to be done/sign of things to come?-merged
Old 30th Jul 2007, 06:45
kiwiblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, at last some movement in this thread! After 27 hours and not a nibble I thought perhaps people were finding it too scary to offer their thoughts on improvements. At the back of my mind always is the wisdom: "If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem". And yeah bizzybody, we've all heard the best way to make a small fortune out of aviation is to start with a large one. Read a couple of lines up. That's the very thinking that is a part of the problem. What you think consistently becomes your reality. I've read your previous posts in this & other threads and it appears to me that you are a more proactive operator than we usually hear about here, particularly in regard your crews' T&C's. Good for ya! The whole point of this thread however is to brainstorm the possibilities that exist in what should be a lucrative industry -to identify where as an industry we are going wrong and what may be a solution; and to identify possibilities and opportunities both operationally and in a business practice sense that are not currently a part of our repertoire!

Originally Posted by strim
One that is integral to the community and enjoys a solid reputation amongst staff and pax alike

Superbly spoken.

Likewise, I believe the C208 is best suited to taking the VFR role in pax/freight GA rather than the IFR environment. Whilst they do dress up very nicely in the Grand Caravan exec config, I think there would be pax resistance to the lack of space and the noise levels when talking of a flight much over an hour. A brilliant machine in the appropriate role, but for the IFR/exec transport role I would definitely be looking more towards the PC12/TBM stables.

I would like to think that the new-start operator has a unique opportunity to 'get things right' from the get-go, rather than an existing operator trying to stamp out the brush-fires of an existing operation with old gear and attitudes. Get the regulatory stuff out of the way nice and tidy, everything else should flow from there quite nicely!