PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What needs to be done/sign of things to come?-merged
Old 30th Jul 2007, 06:21
bizzybody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was looking at ASETPA approval but i ( my own thoughs only) think its really worth it but it would depend on what you are looking for and what you operation is.

I was up untill last week getting a caravan and started looking in SE IFR and for a caravan, its not worth it (for my operation) its slow. not pressurised, sure it can stop on a short piece of dirt but there is not alot of call for that in the city.. The approval and procedures needed for the approval was massive and the time it takes is lengthy. PC-12 well one has to find one for startes. the only one i new that was available was just sold at auction. Quick, Flys high in great comfort.

I agree about the safety factor in a lot of respects. Chieftain cant fly into known icing conditions BUT they are cheaper than a caravan, hold the same amount of people (generally ) uses less fuel....flys ABOUT the same speeds. Single pilot.

We do some small mining contracts and they are great. Trying to take the bigger ones off the bigger operators is not that easy ut doable