PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Engine Failure?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 04:23
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotdog

From my distant memory the AN B767 E/O's panel was a bit more than what is in the photo. Since I am not ex AN I can't say for sure.
It is very easy to "bag out" decisions of an earlier era with knowledge of subsequent events. Much like the real thread here where those who know the A330 seem to view the J* incident differently to those who don't.

At the time of the B767 introduction there was little experience of cockpit screens and electronics and as a result of the methodology a complete distrust of the US 3v2 man crew enquiry which resulted in the 2 crew B767.

Later episodes such as the Gimly? glider accident tended to prove that rapid removal of the E/O was not all that well thought out.Some procedures at the time were set by looking at what the E/O did from the panel operation point of view, but failed to look at other duties such as handling MEL/DDG items, calculating fuel on board via means of sticks etc. and what later became CRM procedures. As a result for the beginning years, in some airlines, a number of former E/O tasks were not covered by anyone.