PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Air Traffic controller is......
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2007, 02:46
Bedder believeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"And the best controller is????"...you pilots shouldn't even be allowed to get near answering this sort of question. You wouldn't have a bloody clue. The best controllers come from all sorts of places, and work in all sorts of places, and they are the ones who are calm, knowledgeable, easy to work with, are not prima donna's, are thoughtful instructors, all parts of the job that you people in aeroplanes wouldn't have a schmick about. And I reckon I should have a fair idea, having worked 21 years in Oz (SY all positions, CB all positions, Bankstown, TW TWR, BN APP and TWR, DUBAI APP & TWR, KAI TAK APP & TWR, and now Chek Lap Kok APP & TWR). I have worked with Aussies (like me), Kiwis, South Africans, Irish, Poms (from that be all and end all LHR) Yanks, Canadians, Danes, Swedes...you name it. You might think I'm singing that old Lucky Star song "I've been everywhere", but I can assure you, in my environment (at the Earth bound end of a microphone) the people I work with and see every day of my working life, are where I judge the answer to this question, and all over the place, they range from good to bad. As for you International drivers that always go on about Heathrow, and how good they are, well, I've worked with at least 20 odd people from there, and they are just the same as the rest of us...good, bad and indifferent! A thread like this is akin to letting passengers start a topic "And the best pilot is???", once again, they wouldn't have a bloody clue!