PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 23:41
pira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sl4yer,
for me it is not logic to have the autothrust still on after touchdown, but I realize we are talking about two different phylosofies (Boeing and Airbus), but having one engine on reverse and the other in full thrust is definately not acceptable, regardless the manufacturer.In Boeings you still have the A/T ON until 2 seconds after touchdown. As you well said, the investigation is just beggining but I suspect there is some true in what I said in my previous email. Possibly this new Airbus boletim was not performed on that specific aircraft.
Bt the way, this information would also explain why the ACFT drifted to the left during the landing roll, since hypotetically, the right engine was at Max thrust.
Just to make it clear, I'm not blaming anyone or anything, just passing the findings of an extensive report made from a respectable magazine; although I consider the theory as the most probable one after I talked to some friends who fly Airbus. Regarding the FDR, I believe the information published is correct because some senators and deputies had access to it and possibly leaked the information to the reporters.
Another finding was that both CM1 and CM2 were captains. The PF was CM2 (Instructor pilot) and PNF was seated on the left and was a new hire captain.