PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 22:50
pira

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't fly airbus, so my apologies for the ignorance. I just read that the FDR information was leaked to a major magazine in Brazil. The results are:
1) ACFT crossed landing RWY at the correct speed and touched down within the normal touchdown zone.
2) PF select idle thrust only in the engine that had the reverser operating normally. The other thrust lever was left in its position and, according to some guys who fly airbus, this caused the engine with inop. Rev. to try to keep Vref even after ACFT landed, since the Autothrust logic needs the thrust lever to be at iddle to disengage SPD Mode.
Basicallt, one engine had full reverse and the other one full power trying to accelerate to V approach. Although this is not officially announced, it is published in a respectable magazine in Brazil and got no response from the investigation team. The report also mentions 2 other accidents where the same problem occur. One in phillipines and the other in Taipei. This would explain why the ACFT landed at 138KT and crossed the RWY end at 110Kt.
As a Boeing pilot I was surprised to discover that Airbus do not disengage A/T at touch down during a normal landing.