PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 22:23
Leezyjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I worked there a number of years back, I always thought it would be a good idea to build a smaller version of T2 at MAN, down where the long stay car parks are. Plenty of space, and it would work really well as the stands are all nice and big down that end.

If they built a new terminal on the l/stay car parks, they could also incorporate a multi story car park into that too, then use the current short stay one for l/stay and make that into a multi-story too.

Once the new building was open, then pull down the other one and extend the stands to make them all the same size, and possibly expand the cargo area to attract more night freight flights - IIRC didn't LBA loose a massive night freight contract to EMA from TNT a number of years back due to lack of 24h ops ???.

A new tower could also be incorporated somewhere too.

I know in the past with the councils running the show, something like this would never have been possible, thats why we ended up with a load of dodgy extensions, but now it could well be.....

If they are not looking at building a new terminal, then how about getting rid of all the offices on the first floor right in the middle of the building, extened the floor accross the check-in hall and make the whole top floor for departures and then re-build the whole bottom floor for arrivals. Outside, make an elevated road that would be on the same level as departures would now be and leave the existing road for arrivals, so there are not 2 lots of traffic using the same road.

I think my talents are being wasted somewhere !!!