PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difference between dispatcher and "dispatcher"
Old 29th Jul 2007, 19:51
Schibulsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Lauterdale (isn't Disneyland just around the corner?)
You got me on the "wind up' part, but honestly
it irritates me a lot if some US Guy is telling me how superior his outdated by technology "Babysitting" is to present Flightplanning in Europe. Anyway there is not a single country that is 100% working acc. JarOps! We all got our Systems to cover for certain contingencies. The Examples are mostly **** ups by the crew.
If i.e. some pilot try to land at a closed A/P he should never take off in the first place!!!
"encountered severe wx" please don't tell me it wasn't in the TAF!!! This idiot just did not fuel enough to cover for it!!!
What should I say to a pilot who is flying for hours in a damaged acft?? I am NOT their Babysitter, got it??
And I do not need any "joined whatever" to tell the capt. what is best for him if he is about the screw up totally!!
Think about it before question somebodys work ethic!!!!
My Philosophy btw is that a Capt with more than double my pay (And I am doing well after 20years, its just a matter of comparison) together with the FO should be able to decide on this own. He will get my best preparation and then its up to him.
whats wrong with that? Please dont give me the "Teamwork" crap!! Dont get me wrong, if there is a problem I am there 100%.
Thats my Job, but we do not need this "joined" part!!!
Happy planning!