PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Movers...not!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 19:38
buoy15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brize Norton Movements is the only unit in the British Military with 100% job satisfaction
All trades can p*ss you about for whatever reason without repercussion
Yes, I went there many times with my own ac, sufficient fuel, rations and crew to pick up lads from the desert so they didn't face a 24hr coach journey home - and I still got fecked about
Having given 24hsr notice - what should have been a 15min engine running quick pick-up, became a 2hr shutdown because of Customs aresh*les, Air traggic parking cock-ups and DAMOS insisting on everyone wearing dayglo vests to walk out
Fortunately on this trip we had FOSNI on board and he observed everything
Funny old thing, after that, things improved for us, but I still read here that things haven't improved much for the fighting lads on the ground
The Stn authorities and Movers think that BZN is the equivilent of Heathrow - it's no way! - and they should not be allowed to compete to be in the same league
We have ID - we are vouched for, valid and valuable and should be processed as VIP's rather than cattle
Over the years the Movers have been tied to the procedures of the ASCOT mob who are still living in the heady days and think they are BOAC, BEA or BA equals and follow their own rules, so they suppot them to the detriment of their primary task of caring for those who need a flight, hotel or tent
Cue Beagle and PN