PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Pilot shortage' at Brussels Airlines
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 16:06
Bolter152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I am a Belgian citizen who dreamed of his 6 to become a pilot. Now I decided to do it and I made my decission. But since I completely do not trust Belgium and aviation, I decided to start with my pilot training in the Netherlands and my intention will be to work as a pilot outside Belgium, even outside Europe.

There is no atmosphere in Belgium to talk about aviation. There is too little enthousiasme in Belgium to push for aviation. If you look at the 'great airlines' in Belgium... And don't tell me Belgium is not the right place to build up a great and money-making airline. If you look at the economy of our country, than there HAS to be much room for bussiness travellers. I you look at the port of Antwerp, there is at every corner of every street a building of a great company with customers worldwide, those guys need air travel to do their business! The port of Antwerp itself counts to the top 5 worldwide!

The fact that pilots are leaving the company Brussels Airlines reflects the current situation regarding aviation in Belgium. I you don't give the means to create a good atmosphere to develop and to run a great airline, the whole thing will finally end in a fiasco.

We Belgians have to stop to know things better all time. Look around to other countries, just to the Netherlands for example, and you will see that aviation can play an important role for your economy.

Set some goals, make the plans, do the investements and run to company like an airline should be runned. For that, sign the best available people of the industry and pay them to stay with you. THEN you will have a airline that is a big PLUS for your economy!

Cheers