PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 12:06
el #

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is not with the intention of stirring polemics that I reported a media source about "TL position in the wreckage". It is quite possible that it is just an unsubstantiated rumor, and not being an expert myself, I can also concede that whatever "witness mark" of this type is irrelevant for determining causes of the accident.

This said, it is fact is that now, one week after the accident, there are leaks about the investigation and are going in the direction of thrust asymmetry. Another of these rumors are directly sourced from preliminary reading of FDR as the link from a Paulista newspaper:

http://www.estadao.com.br/estadaodeh...imp26535,0.php

A análise preliminar da caixa-preta de dados do vôo 3054 da TAM indica que houve erro dos pilotos no uso dos manetes do Airbus A320.

Now, I'm the first to agree that before the release of the official report, all kind of rumors can be dismissed as media speculations with possibly a vested interest in blaming pilots.

At the same a serious discussion exists for the very purpose of dissecting any kind of objective information in the search for a conclusion that can possibly anticipate, dissent or present a broader and independent opinion from the official report. And I don't think that dismissing "facts" and lines of thinking just because they come from media helps in that.