PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Difference between dispatcher and "dispatcher"
Old 29th Jul 2007, 04:03
Schibulsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kellmark.
Some Comments to your "examples"
Maersk Air: if you depart with outdated (illegal!!) wx info, you are f..... from the beginning. I do not need flightwatch if all my initial data are o.k.
Hapag Lloyd: Captains f...up!!! Any beginner who listens to his instructor in performance class could have told him he will not make it to Vienne. Anyway the fltplanning sys at Hapag did not provide infltcalc with gear down.
etc etc etc.

In my opinion there is no need for flt watch if everybody is doing the job correctly. With the modern systems (data linked) the fltcrew should be able to retrieve the latest data by themselves. There is allways a "monitoring" of the flts if somethink happens out of the ordinary.
Anyway why should I as a lowly payed dispatcher do the job of a mostly overpayed pilot?!?!

By the way, we (that is german LBA licensed dipatchers) regard the FAA license as "Micky Mouse License" as you can it get after a 2 month crash course at any "Academy". So that is probably the reason for the fltwatch, to watch out for errors you made on the flt planning ;-)

Cheers Schibulsky