PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Movers...not!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2007, 02:20
NutLoose

Received 2,939 Likes on 1,252 Posts
I do remember at Brize the custom was for senior officers to join the Ten flight after everyone else had boarded and was seated...

One evening after all the Pax had got on and were seated, I was given the OK to deice the fwd fuselage from the Stb side, ( we normally left it to prevent Deicing fluid dripping on the pax as they entered the aircraft)

Anyway, I let rip just as some General, late departing the terminal was heading up the airstairs....... Oddly, he didn't see the funny side of it, though everyone else dissapeared under the wing to have a good laugh whilst I got the flak......

He must of copped a good couple of gallons of the stuff and I was later told the Pax already seated burst out laughing when he stepped inside..

Speaking of Civilians operating with the RAF..... The RAF actually trialed a couple of Black Cabs at RAF Upavon to see if they would be suitable as general transport.............. They were not a success, as when picking up service personal, you would get civvies jumping in and saying take me to so and so, even though they had RAF emblazened down the sides and the driver was in Uniform..even when pointed out they refused to get out LOL