PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new zealand license question
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 21:35
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
macflea

Yes individual aircraft type ratings (called endorsements in some jurisdictions) are required in New Zealand, though common sense can apply. e.g a rating on an RV6 (taildragger) would cover a RV6A (tricycle). The reverse would not apply, i.e. an RV6A covering an RV6.

I don't know what the requirements are in other countries. I would have thought that if you had another licence issued on the basis of your New Zealand one, the rules that appplied to that new licence would apply. e.g. you mention the UK where one SEP type rating covers all SEP aircraft, so therefore you would be typed on all those aircraft since you have a C152 type rating.

Is the rule you quote from the FAA regs talking about type ratings (endorsements) or ratings like an instrument or instructor rating?

To clear up one point. A type rating does not necessarily take 5 hours of flying for something like a Warrior. The legal minimum in New Zealand is 30 minutes. The student must also be competent so a freshly minted PPL who has only flown a C152 can expect more like two hours and perhaps longer to compete a type rating in something like a Warrior.

would it do to be signed off by a uk instructer
NO. In this situation a UK instructor cannot give instruction to some one with a New Zealand licence, unless he of course has a valid New Zealand instructor rating.

Last edited by 27/09; 28th Jul 2007 at 21:45.