PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Missapropriation of RAF Equipment
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 18:24
MightyHunter AGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As has been said here already this is not a new thing, this has happened for several years where I have served.

Some points on here are valid but I would point out that NVQ assessors are actually there as part and parcel of the young guys gaining their promotion as this is now a pre-requisite, are you advocating that they do not do this NVQ part so they cant get promoted/trained to become technicians?
Also there are a lot of courses such as QA, H&S that are mandatory requirements in posts to comply with civilian regulations whilst still actually serving in the RAF.

Standing by for the inevitable flack here but these guys aren't using the system for their own benefit i.e. feathering their nests for future employment out with the RAF.

Now if you are not happy with that statement then you obviously only want a perspective that comes from the flying side of the fence.

As always there are the 'you should have stuck in at school' brigade. Why is it you automatically assume that no-one but yourselves are either a. educationally qualified b. capable of being a pilot and c. actually want to fly an aircraft.
Plenty of folk I work with have no desire to fly aircraft but instead have a desire to provide and fix airworthy aircraft and enjoy the challenge of solving malfunctions on new and often complex systems on aircraft.

The above is not a dig in any way and please don't take it as such but there are always two sides to any story and as usual the flying part are the ones who are shouting the loudest........