PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Movers...not!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 17:39
Blakey875

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VAT - What airline are you on about? even easyJst close the desk at 40 mins before departure but ask all pax to report 2 hours before ideally. There is flexibility but you do need more time to load widebody aircraft than smaller ones. The crew do expect the paperwork 60 mins before and so the pressure is on. Yes, we do accept latecomers depending on the circumstances but then face a whinge from the Loadie about his catering numbers! Whatever happens in the Gateway as regards evictions, calls etc is the domain of the Catering Flight and nothing to do with the Movers! Finally, I have emplaned late pax right up to the wire and again denied them if they arrive late - it all depends on the guys attitude. He's late he starts shouting he's had it! Always remeber two RA WO2s shouting the odds about only being 20 mins late and making mischief - When asked if it was ok to start an Artillery barrage 20 mins late they clammed!! I'm retired now but I learned to grow broad shoulders and the misinformed crap continues - security checks - Plods, in-flight/gateway etc - Caterers, transport/buses etc - MT, booking cock-ups - Clerks, delays/lack of info - Crews!! But what the heck - blame the Movers!!