PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whatzz uup at Safair
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 17:23
The Flying Circus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Commercial decision – you said.

What is a commercial decision? It is al about money – isn’t it?
Do you close something down when it is making money, or do you close it down when it is not making money ?(SAA not applicable)

I feel for the good, honest and passionate workers. But aviation is a career of hire and fire – South Africa is only now catching up with the rest of the world. Wait for the bad days – prepare it is coming. Wait for $ 100 /barrel.

Soon the resurrected guzzlers from the scrapers (DC 9’s MD’s 200 ect) will face doomsday.

Oh by the way – are you a Communist or Capitalist? Have you ever run your own company and employed personal? Do you know what’s a BOTTOM LINE ? This is what the shareholders are interested in. If you don’t make the FIGURE (like SAA) **** is coming.

I think that SAFAIR caught up with reality again like in the 90’s.

The biggest problem in aviation today is that very very very few pilot’s, engineers and also managers, are familiar with the business side of the game – the money side in other word.

By the way – a Mango pilot the other day could not tell me what are the costs for a tyre change, engine o/h or landing fee for the 800. It just shows you how far the flight decks are removed from reality?

I am sure that Gert de Klerk could tell you this while deaming.

How do you know if your company is making money?( SAA not applicable, they have no right for existence in a market economy)

TFC