PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operation BANNER ends
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 16:31
ZOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
End Of Op Banner

Climebear

Just to correct about the allowances for NI, we have not lost the Northern Ireland Pay, the only allowance cut that has taken place is the loss of NICFA (Northern Ireland Compensatory Food Allowance), Northern Ireland pay still stands are we are still Restriced on where we can go and not go, Basically for those of you in the know we still have a lot of red on the Province map, and it is not likely to go for the foreseeable future.
Having spent over 50 percent of my 21 year career (still serving) in Ulster, I to am pleased in the way things have gone over here, but to quote a certain well known politician "They haven't gone away you know" we still still have some very nasty people out there.
I can only hope that the now sporadic incidents that happen over here but are not obviously aired on the National press are just kept to a small minority of "Die Hard" causes that will peter out in the long run. We all over here still await to see what will happen on the formal disbandonment of the Royal Irish Regiment.

I have spent alot of time in the Province and my final thoughts and prayers are with my friends, workmates and of course the families that have lost loved ones in this Operation

Safe Home

Zofo and family