PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 15:46
TFlyguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi BlueTui

I am also a Trainer and have NO idea whats written in anyone's contract least of all new hires! I would have thought that was an HR area of expertise rather than a Trainer's one.

Up until this latest recruitment all new crew have been hired on a temporary basis with the hope that IF vacancies exist at their chosen base they can, subject to meeting the necessary criteria (or a "probation period" to call it another name) be made permanent.

At LGW we constantly need new crew and for the last who knows how many years, most of each seaons initials have been made permanent - prviding they meet the criteria ie assessments sickness ontime etc etc. They have therefore successfully passed their "probation period".

Trying to get people to attend an interview is not easy when we face the competition from other carriers such as BA VS Zoom etc etc so maybe to make it look "more attractive" we are offering a permanent contract - I have no idea.

My sympathys go out to people at other bases who have been on temp contracts for a number of years but at LGW 1st year permanencies have been a way of life for a long time