PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 14:07
blvn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MissSmith

Miss Smith,
Hi,
I guess I can help you with your request on tips about the open day, I hope you read this on time.
Well, I never had heard of Emirates before in my life, until they advertised in one local newspaper in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, wich is my city of origin. Well, I strongly beleive that whatever they ask you...you'll be fine if you keep the correct attitude, that I think must be of a serious person, but also very postive and charming, always ready to give a nice smile if it fits, but also not so much desperate. I know now some friends that had prepared much time for the open day, and dind't get trough, and the only reason that I can see for that, is that they were trying too hard, and that is evident for them at first sight, so dont look, as I already said, to desperate for the job, just think that it is a great job, but you have also other interesting things to do with your life if this wouldn't happen, and I'm sure you will be giving the perfect image, also try to go as better looking as possible, best appropriate clothes you have. When they make you talk with the others in group, don't panic if you don't get the main voice, just listen first to what they have to say, and then give a confident and intelligent point of view, dont make the mistake of wanting to be heard above all the others, I think the ones that did that, didn't make it, you should look like you are also interested in what others have to say, I think that shows that you are able to perform very well under the orders of another people and work in group...I beleive they are looking for that.
Well, I wish you good luck, I will be going to Dubai on Sept 21st just in case you wonder if I made it.
Jose