PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating B737CL
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2007, 13:32
JJflyer
ZbV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shait jobs

Just a word of advice here: Havining flown professionally now for a while, the 11th year going on to be precise. There are a lot of jobs around now and many of these absolute c.rap. The one I am on right now is substandard in all aspects with no time home, bad rotation and rostering patterns and a very unhealthy work enviroment as well as absolutely disgusting destinations in the worst holes of the 3rd (Should be 4th) world.

I am mostly against paying for your own rating and feel that a company should take the initiative to pay for it. Some operators use the type rating payment or a bond as a guarantee to keep the pilot leaving for greener pastures. My point is that if an employee is treated in a civilized manner and conditions are good, there is no need to be worrried about people leaving.

Additionally as much as I dislike to pay for things, if paying for a rating will get me out of this garbagedump I work now, I will do it without a second thought.

Hopefully we will see airlines around the world realise that there are some really good jobs around and if the a.sshole managemet of the c.rap companies that I mentioned do not get their act together people vote with their feet and go where the sun is shining ( And in some places it is not the CEO's or chiefpilots butt like where I am now)

Hopefully the time that people have to pay to work is going to dissapear and if the pilot shortage that is allready in place will do that before I retire.