PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly
Thread: Thomsonfly
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 14:29
BlueTui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same conditions

Trust me the conditions are the same !
I have been looking into this because it is really annoying me the company have chosen to do this, at this time of year they will not struggle to recruit from the other charter companies who are laying of temp crew so cant see their logic in offering this.

Unless these new crew have it written into the contract that getting X assesments per month etc.. like temporary crew have to do, and in not doing it is gross misconduct then they cannot just sack them or let them go at the end of the probationary period without warnings being given.

The same stands for existing permanent crew we cannot be dismissed without warning unless it falls within gross misconduct... this has come from a lawyer friend of mine.

Also from trainers I have spoken to, they will not have these conditions written into their contracts and as far as I know they havent made it gross misconduct for us all to get our minimum assesments per season gross misconduct...

this is an unfair way and is penalising temporary crew(by giving these new lgw crew an unfair advantage) and crew at other bases we should all be offered permanent contracts "subject to a probationary period"