PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trial lesson 6 months pregnant
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2007, 09:07
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Consider mid'wife training maybe...?

Well, I happen to be the godfather of a little girl...
xxx
Born on my flight, a few years ago... She is now 10 of age. Every year I send her a birthday card, and every Xmas, parents send me a card for the holidays.
Birthplace: RAKUD, somewhere near the equator, between Cape Verde and Recife... I had to sign her birth certificate etc.etc.etc.
It says "Birthplace - Mid-Atlantic"...
xxx
Actually all was fine, there was a nurse on board...
They got pretty busy around door R-5. Daddy was there with her and nervous too, as I was... Land in Recife or Natal, jettison fuel or continue... never got briefed about that in ground school. Took 2 hours to complete the paperwork on arrival in Buenos Aires. We even joined the actual plotting chart we used with a big red cross where she was born at 0330Z... gave the parents the amended flight plan, with, next to POB, a note that says "+1 on arrival"...
xxx
Then this could have you ask about the nationality... old Admiralty Law...
In her case, it was simple, Argentina parents on Argentina flight... but to put a bit of salt on the problem, maybe the Law of High Seas stipulates that she could claim...
- Nationality of the father;
- Nationality of the mother;
- Born over high seas = UK... as Albion rules the seas;
- Within the Recife FIR, so it could be Brazil;
- Born on an Argentina registry airplane, therefore Argentina;
- But what if plane is leased and registered in another country;
- I also think that could be the captain's nationality, back then I had US passport;
- Nationality by place of departure, was Madrid = Spain;
- Nationality by place of arrival, what if we diverted to Paraguay...
xxx
Well - Timzsta - besides flying the airplane, you might be busy as a mid'wife. Maybe if young, you are still (like I was) an amateur gynecologist, but that is different from obstetrics...
xxx
After landing we all had Moët & Chandon aboard the airplane, we did not mind the rules rules of no drinking in uniform...
xxx

Happy contrails