PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Neighbours war with wounded soldiers families
Old 26th Jul 2007, 23:10
alwayslookingup

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Evening all (again).

My missing post from this morning was an expanded reply to a PM I received, as follows:-

It is really unfortunate that all of this came to light after the planner had made her report with its recommendation. As I said in one of my posts, as it stands it is now perfectly competent for the Councillors to simply acept that recommendation without giving any justification ie she's done their job for them.

If that happens, however, rest assured that SSAFA will have some good expensive lawyers. They're probably preparing their appeal even as we speak. Up here Appeals go to the Scottish Executive Independent Enquiries Unit. This is composed of experienced and knowledgeable Planning experts who are interested only in the law, not politics and local opinion. My experience is that they take a very dim view of Councils playing politics and taking decisions contrary to their own policies. I trust a similar government department exists down where you are.

On my own reading of the case I personally would be staggered if this was lost on appeal (assuming, of course, that it is turned down as recommended next week).

An Teallach - ah, the well loved tropicana of the Outer Hebrides.Yes indeed I am about 130 miles north of you (Abz) and slightly west.

The most magical flight I ever had was a commercial route from Stornoway to Benbecula. Visibility was 20/20 so the pilot announced we'd take full advantage by huggging the east coast of Lewis. To our left, across the Minch, were the mountains of Torridon and Knoydart, below, the coast and mountains of Harris. Ahead was the Sound of Berneray, the Machair of Lochmaddy and North Uist whilst 40 miles west, St Kilda shimmered on the horizon in the slight heat haze being generated. I was about to say you couldn't buy memeories like that but in fact I had with the plane ticket. Truly, under the right conditions, this is the best country in the world to live in.