PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Think of Mr. Naf
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 22:37
Panama Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a good post Super Duper, and a nice change from the usual crap we read here posted by the usual suspects. BD 5 says it will get dragged into the deep-end of the sewer in less than 24 hours.

I make the same observations about Mr. Näf, and honestly have to respect him for his career accomplishments. I also have to respect his communications skills, which I observed during the Pilot Package road show. He faced a hard and hostile crowd, and although I think his delivery technique could have been better (I don't know if he mis-estimated the reception his package would receive), he maintained his cool and calm, and listened attentively to a number of concerns. I don't think most of us have those kind of talents, certainly for me, it would be something to strive to.

My only real complaint about Mr. Näf is his lack of charisma, for lack of a better word, in communicating with people openly compared to his predecessor. I deeply respect Mr. Dosé for being very approachable, and the few times that I wrote to share my thoughts, I got a very personalized response within a few hours, thanking me for my input and giving some thoughts on the topic. It was nice and made me feel that my efforts were appreciated.

In writing Mr. Näf, no response, not even a simple two-word "thank you" reply. I respect that managers are busy, and I am not looking for a BD 100 reward for helping the company, but if I am going to dedicate 20 or 30 minutes of my time on my day off, I would very much appreciate a simple thank you for my time, even if the suggestion gets discarded. Lacking that, I can't be bothered to write.

Nevertheless, I back Mr. Näf, as I will any PCE, in doing what is necessary to make this company a place worth spending a career.