PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's A Family Affair
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 19:57
Babyfactory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's A Family Affair

As a Forces Brat who married a (then) Pilot Officer, I seem to have lived my entire life in and with the RAF. Reviewing my family history, so has most of my family.

My great uncle Jim started his career in the RAF in 1932, flew in Catalinas, spent part of his career enforcing drill on unwilling National Service men at RAF Hednesford, spent much time on Cyprus and finished his career doing something dull in Scotland.

Great Uncle Tom rests at peace somewhere in the Lancaster that he was navigating somewhere in Europe.

Father provided logistical support for the Cold War throughout Germany and East Anglia.

Mr. Babyfactory made "zooming" motions with his hands in various bars and at various parties inbetween scaring me senseless with tales of his day job.

Master Babyfactory is currently being schooled in the arts of Officership while Ms. Babyfactory is threatening to join up as well in some yet-to-be-determined role in the RAF.

So after 75 years my family is still serving in the RAF. Knowing how son and daughter tends to follow father (and indeed uncle) into the RAF I am sure that there is someone out there with a similar tale to tell.

Last edited by Babyfactory; 27th Jul 2007 at 21:08. Reason: Punctuation