PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 16:00
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Groundhand did you not listen to Bol Zup's point on the airport grinding to a halt? On a number of occasions the airport has been very close to grinding to a halt. There is a case for the parallel taxiway, this is not a speculative wish list. The parallel taxiway is part of the long term plan for the airport. Why not build it now before the problems get out of hand and the airport has serious problems with delays.
You have to remember you have to speculate to accumulate. On top of this is the councils who own 25% have a duty to provide a well run resource for the community.
Talking about speculative wish list, Peel had one of the biggest and so far I think DSA has done well for them. Let me see now lets build a new commercial airport in a region with 3 established airports for competion. Now lets provide it with a terminal with plenty of space to develop and lets do all this without an established passenger base.
Regarding FRA I hadn't heard that the managment see them as a nusiance but could quite imagine it FRA are an integtal part of th airport and do more than their fair share of paying the managments wages.