PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Shortage
Old 26th Jul 2007, 14:59
NutLoose

Received 3,008 Likes on 1,273 Posts
The standards were lowered when EASA was formed, period.....
They had to set a standard for all Countries to attain, and I firmly believe they used probably the least regulated Country as the benchmark...... that was possibly somewhere like Greece...... And NO, I do not have anything against Greece or their engineering standards.

But I sat there amending page after page of MAMIS and the CAA Additional AD's by simply removing all the 737, 747 etc pages and dumpng them in the Bin...... I couldn't help thinking at the time, a lot of work and indeed a lot of money has gone into these and they were not issued purely for toilet paper...(ok some were) they were issued for flight safety issues and the fact I am now binning them is indicitive of a sudden and massive drop in the UK's Flight Safety standards.......

Nothing since has changed my mind...... topped of with the total lack of cohesion on licencing leaves people struggling to know what they can and cannot do and where to go, whilst the pile of toilet paper produced from Europe steadily increases at the cost of safety......

I did carefully remove the MAMIS sheets for Concorde when it finally went and kept them as a reminder of what we lost