PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 14:31
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-KEST

Sir, might I point out that the opening two lines of article 80 of the ANO states...
'Article 80 of the Air Navigation Order 2005 (ANO) provides for the regulation of flying displays and contains a requirement for prior permission from the CAA for such events'

As this is a test flight and will most certainly NOT be part of a flying display, would you be so kind and point me in the direction of the ANO that states otherwise?

The air test will almost certainly be conducted wholly at medium or high level, well out of the view of the public and it will certainly not form part of a flying display. I'm not even convinced that inviting the paying public constitutes a flying display in its own right either, but I will check on that.

I am curious to know why you are so against members of the public witnessing the first, and subsequent, air tests of this aircraft. Its the public that have, by and large, paid for the aircraft and its' restoration. Why do you now want to deny the very people responsible for its existance the opportunity to see it lift off again on its maiden flight? Its almost as if you have something to hide from them?

Even BAe don't make as much fuss about their test flights of MR4 and other aircraft. What is the problem?

The Winco