PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 13:36
DTVAirport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I heard that management see FRA as a nuisance! Onion, you'll have probably heard that as well?

I think we need a new MD who's not freightened to grab the bull by the horns and shake things up a lot.

Going back to an earlier post in the thread - you're not seriously suggesting that the airport would draw up plans and submit them for approval with no intention whatsoever of going ahead with those plans???

On a much brighter note, tonight is the airport police/security-enthusiast/spotter meeting, hopefully we'll get ID badges in return for providing the airport with an extra pair of eyes/ears.

There will be an article about it on BBC Look North tonight so I'm told and there was also one a week or two ago (Hugh Lang told them that the airport had arranged this, which is complete bks as we went to the airport after one of the spotters was taken by airport security and grilled in an interview). The DTVA Yahoo Group that I run has been very much involved in the whole process, if anyone wants the link please PM me. Unfortunately I can't make the meeting as I'm in Tunisia.