PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA, the chop has started
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 06:54
Avi8tor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me? I am hoping for NOTHING over 300 hrs this year. But I DONT work for a state controller loss maker.

For years, its been a well known fact that SAA is way over paid and way under worked.
This statement applies to ALL of SAA, top to bottom, all departments. And please, I am not suggesting that ONLY the Flight Ops salaries are reviewed, it has to start right at the top, all the way down to the cleaners.

And remember productivity is working SMARTER not HARDER!!!

As I have said before, as SAA, better or worse dominates the industry in SA, getting its house in order will benifit ALL pilots in SA.

If SAA is forced to run a real business, costs have to come down. If that means pay cuts for some, so be it.
If the affected people find they can do better elsewhere, they leave. Then everybody moves up the food chain. It will have a threefold effect.
- Commands come quicker. So the people see MORE money quicker.
- If the other airlines can't retain experienced crew, they will pay more.
- It will also open up more jobs for the young guys at the bottom of the food chain.

The whammie here that all this is done WITHOUT the tax payer. It's called globalisation.

If SAAPA/SAA management were really on the ball, they would look at 'B' scales like Cathay did a few yrs ago. The costs are reduced over time, and nobody sees a pay 'cut', 'cause its money they never earned.

You gotta love capitalism and the free market.

Last edited by Avi8tor; 26th Jul 2007 at 07:27.