PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Refused to fly - cut in ear.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2007, 01:08
paulo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Refused to fly - cut in ear.

I have a scab in my ear. The other day I picked it (sorry about the yicky detail here), whilst on board, aircraft on stand.

I asked for a tissue, the stewardess looked panicky (sight of blood), the purser said I couldn't fly. I explained what it was, the captain said he agreed with explanation, but had to go along with the purser.

I was told I would be able to have it looked at in the airport, and get sign off to fly. I was taken back through to departures, and left to find the airline desk.

The airline desk said there was no such facility, and I would have to see my GP.

My only option was to go to the nearest casualty unit. You can imagine what they thought of me turning up to have a tiny cut looked at. Yep, they'd see me, but everyone else there would be higher up the priority list.

So, to avoid missing the last flight, I booked another ticket on the same airline and went back to the airport.

This was Gatwick by the way.

Is this the way it should normally work? If you have something very minor like a cut, that you have to go to a hospital, or should there be someone on site who can confirm it's, say, a cut?