PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR departure restrictions
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2007, 21:24
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS
Having read through some of your previous posts, I can only come to the same conclusion as Roffa - you seem to have a real chip on your shoulder with regards to ATC. Quotes like
but there are a growing number who seem to believe that posession of a little yellow book gives them authority which in reality they do not have
only serve to support this.
Whilst most of what you post is technically correct, it is your a lack of what I can only describe as situational empathy coupled with a lack of airmanship that quite frankly worries me.
At this meeting I mentioned previously ( which I'm sure would be beneficial to us to know if you attended so that we know exactly how much you know about the situation, and indeed if you are a pro active member of the GA community who is voicing a general opinion) ATC were at pains to stress that their sole priority is to shift traffic in a SAFE and expeditious manner. They are not trying to inconvenience anyone, but enhance safety. If you were at the meeting perhaps you should have voiced your concerns there. It was part of an open consultation process, and if there were reasoned objections at the time perhaps there would be alterations to the original plan.
Remember this 'restriction' is a REQUEST. If you don't wish to comply then tell them. Technically you are well within your rights, if somewhat devoid of an ability to think of the bigger picture.
Since the introduction I have made countless VFR and IFR flights, public transport and GA, from INV and not once have I heard this request being made. If everyone cooperates then goodwill will prevail
Your argument about Airprox is a poor one. there have been many incidents in the past, VFR vs VFR, IFR vs IFR and IFR vs VFR. Hence the introduction of both radar and this procedure, to improve SAFETY. With the best will in the world not every PPL is on the ball with a sharp scan and good situational awareness. As Kiltie correctly points out ATC are NOT providing separation, but trying to avoid conflictions. If you are at not above 2000' VFR and cannot manage to see and avoid then perhaps you should have stayed on the ground that day.
With the current concerns over GA's future at INV I would think that working in harmony would be the best possible way to secure the future of GA at INV. Although with people with your attitude about bring on Class D.
I look forward to you enlightening us as to your flying activities. Perhaps it would let us understand your position better.