PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's it is not a National Secret.....
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2007, 13:41
Jamair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall bogging along one fine day in the mighty Aztruck from Roma to Dalby, just approaching a flyspot called Brigalow, whose only claim to fame was a dirty big grain silo. Had literally just finished listening to the area call from ATC re 'Mil Low flying jets will be tracking from x to y to z at heights between 400' and FL150, abrupt vertical manouvres etc', when a F111 zotted past from left to right at about 1000AGL, in a 90 degree bank and probably no more than 1 NM in front. I think he had been tracking to the silo and was turning on to his next leg. Bloody impressive to see, for the .28 nanoseconds I could see him.

Looked on some international ATSB-type web sites to see if there was a propensity for Mil Low Jets to splatter unsuspecting bugsmashers, and found a beauty of a story from the UK - a Tornado went straight through a C152 whose pilot was doing steep turns for photographic purposes - solo.

I can think of some good live fire targets in the Roma area for the boys to practice on.......