PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR departure restrictions
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2007, 09:02
Kiltie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are you trying to be coy about the fact that it is INVERNESS that have introduced this system SingleSpey?

I have never been passed a VFR altitude restrictive CLEARANCE nor INSTRUCTION by Inverness ATC. They phrase it as a REQUEST to which I am usually able to happily comply. You (quite innocently I expect) state that ATC are providing you with SEPARATION. This is not the case. INV ATC are merely trying to reduce the likelihood of passing avoiding action to IFR flights.

Roll on Class D as Silverknapper implies. I have had too many instances emerging out of IMC on the approach to have a VFR aircraft pass too close for comfort. VFR transit through Class D, in particular to the draft design I have seen for Inverness, is no great hardship.

From your rebuke it would seem you have taken Silverknapper's remarks personally Singlespey. Perhaps if you chose to tell us in what capacity you use INV we may be able to convince you to be somewhat more open minded. Personally I have operated in and out of INV for 18 years in commercial turboprops, jets and private aircraft, twice last week IFR and the day before yesterday VFR.

Riverboat - I have read silverknapper's post over and over again and I can't work out why you consider it "complete rubbish." It may not be an exhaustive explanation but it certainly seems sensible.

Playing the game with local ATC cuts good favour in the long run; waving the rule book around is best left to stand off when all else fails.

Last edited by Kiltie; 25th Jul 2007 at 09:16.