PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Strange Habits of Your Captains
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 23:49
Nubboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enuff
now I've got to put my 2 penn'orth in. (Not a typo, I'm old enough to remember proper money).
The most bizarre behaviour I've ever seen from the LHS when, after fortunes plunged following yet another aviation damaging event generated from the sand pit, I was returned, temporarily, to the RHS and being Mr Chameleon again, whilst other, older longer serving colleagues stayed in situ.
One guy had so much personal baggage he lost the plot completely and I had to take over command, from the RHS. He later took extended leave to get himself back together. Another wanted to complete an ILS with full fly down and fly right indications, in IMC. He needed two calls to Go Around and only just beat me to the TOGA triggers. By then I'd given up talking for a bit and wanted some positive action. Yet another refused to include me in any form of decision making whatsoever. That was a fun day out. Another took control at 50 feet on landing onto one of those mega large runways they have in Germany as the wind had gone outside of "First Officers Limits".
In contrast, the newbies in the RHS are well trained, good fun and willing to learn. They pose far fewer surprises than us old codgers and most of their problems, being based on lack of experience, normally reasonably predictable.....
Enjoy, as they say.