PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin UK - Crew Discussions
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 21:39
r.s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Crew Pay Ballot

The result of the recent pay ballot by Unite is now known. The offer was overwhelmingly rejected.

We are obviously extremely disappointed that a successful outcome could not be reached at this stage.

Talk of a ballot for industrial action is not in the interest of anyone at Virgin Atlantic and is already causing immeasurable damage to customer confidence, crew relations, and our brand around the world. Unfortunately Brian Boyd, Unite Lead Negotiatior, has already been briefing the media which is already causing understandable angst for our passengers over their important summer holidays.

I understand how unsettling the current situation is. I want to assure you that we are doing everything we can to resolve matters as soon as possible.

Both I and everyone at the airline value the huge contribution that you make, this is reflected in recent pay awards which have been above RPI over the last four years. We remain open to returning to the negotiating table in order to work out a deal which will be acceptable to you, yet affordable for the airline.

I will of course continue to keep you updated on any developments.

Linda Moir
Director of Inflight Services