PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 Taxi Light differences
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 21:04
B-HKD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 747-400 Taxi Light differences

Hey i have noticed that like many other planes the 744 has its different taxi light configurations!

The most used is a 2 bulb "taxi light" over the standard square 2 bulb "Runway Turnoff Light" box, to be found on SQ, MH, CX (ex. SQ) CA, and many other

The second most used is only the square 2 bulb "Runway Turnoff Light"" box, to be found on all BA planes all QF ones except -OJS -OJT -OJU and the 6 ER's. TG, KM , and many other.

The last option on the 744 is 2 standard bulb "taxi lights" over 2 smaller "runway turnoff lights" only airlines having this on the 744 are olders 744's from PO, 5Y, CL, some SQ cargo planes and 9V-SPL being the only 744 in the SQ PAX. fleet to have this. (In fact it used to have the standard one like all other SQ pax 744's)

My question is: Why are there some many different configs and why did airlines order one type and then the other?

May have to do to their older 742's having the same but then why do airlines like QF now get the first and most used option if all other aircraft have the other and till available one? especially cause the "Taxi Lights" are never and i mean never used by QF!

Questions to 747 captains that have flown both, how do they compare and what do you find better?

Cheers Leo

BTW my first post on this great forum!