PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/FTE Cityflyer Mentored Scheme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 20:46
Sioux4D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftab,
Whilst attending Phase 3, we were informed that in addition to the e-mail stating whether or not the airline had selected you for Phase 4, FTE would, in due course, send out a further e-mail with aptitude test feedback. I'm not sure of the level of detail they will go into e.g 18 out of 20 for Numerical Reasoning etc, however I do believe they will provide you with as a bare minimum, which of the following categories you fall into:
1. In FTE's opinion your aptitude meets the airlines criteria and you were/have been recommended by FTE to the airline*
2. You do not quite meet the airline's criteria, however FTE feel you have the aptitude/potential to complete the course and would be happy to arrange an interview at Jerez to discuss self-sponsorship (like FemaleWannabe though i'd like to add FW has made it to Phase 4 so clearly falls into category 1 above)
3. Your aptitude results showed that you would be unlikely to be able to cope with the demands of the integrated course, and you are strongly advised to reconsider your aspiration of a career as a Pilot.
*this does not necessarily mean that the airline will have selected you, as FTE merely make a recommendation on those they would submit, but the final decision is up to the airline. I'm not even sure how many will be put forward to Phase 4. All I know is 17 attended Phase 3 at Pioneer House out of the x that applied (including those that were called up to replace those unable to attend, unfortunately once again like FemaleWannabe has experienced), and there are four spaces available to start in October under the BA CityFlyer MAPS scheme alongside 8 untagged self-sponsored students.........maybe FW will be one of them
Not sure of the timescales for this feedback form FTE, but we were told this was the case.
Hope this helps,