PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unique Air Swansea
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 18:38
mikehammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbonfibre
Davies really is unbelievable, although I am not at all surprised that you received that letter. As we are clearly into the territory of letters this is what you get when you are working for them full time, like I was supposed to be:

Gentlemen,

For the avoidance of any doubt, the airline MD is Mark Davies

THe decision to allow a charter of the aircraft when and where is HIS and HIS alone.

As a Pilot, you have clear duties and the main reason that you can choose NOT to fly is on safety grounds. NO OTHER.

As a company, we will not allow any employee to dictate terms of flying nor attempting to challenge the authority of the Management.

If this is not clear, or if you wish to join a company run by committee, then your resignation wil be accepted with immediate effect.

Mark Sedgley

Mark Sedgely was the chap who claimed at the time to represent the investor. Davies subsequently sent me a threatening text message (which of course I kept for posterity) telling me I was playing with the big boys and they would destroy me. Apparently Sedgely and Co must be big boys.

I should add that we were sent this letter after we questioned the legality of the flight, the currency of the charts (they were far from current, but Davies wanted us to fly on them anyway) and other things like insurance of the aircraft etc.