PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infringements of the Heathrow CTR
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 16:53
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you. Very happy to accept I was wrong - if I was.

I think the thrust of the points I was making earlier was that I do not accept NATS position in the past. It still reamins my understanding that they could have chosen to provide feeds to a number of units in and around London at marginal cost, but chose not to do so. I do not know whether or not I was misinformed but that was the story I was told by two different ATCOs.

I still stand by my original view that the impact of CAS in and around London in particular creates a singularly dangerous enviroment for GA both in terms of the potential to cause CAS busts and the risk of collision.

I am delighted that NATS appears to have now chosen to tackle the problem for which they have my whole hearted support.

I hope everyone involved in GA makes a real effort on their part to recognise NATS are making a real effort to reduce this problem and to co-operate in every possible way.

IMHO that means transponding if you possibly can, ensuring your navigation is accurate (and if that means using a moving map GPS as a backup because you do not trust your DR skills so be it) and assuming the capacity exists requesting and accepting a RIS.