PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tasmanian multilateration
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 14:30
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloggs, me old, last I read in the last several weeks, the 1090 MHz technology was the way, p'raps we should all club together and buy Dick a subscription to AW & ST, Flight and a few others aviation journals so that he can stay in touch. There was even a lead article just recently starring Airservices and their ADSB intentions. It is clear that the international aviation community have a great deal of respect for Airsevices and their level of technical skills and professionalism, given the many references to them and their leadership.

But heck what would those evil, bonus crunching, union trog Airservices people know.

AND I cant put my finger on the article just now coz I lent the particular AW & ST to a colleague but a long serving Airservices chap was recently awarded a most prized gong for meritorious services to ICAO and if I recall correctly his involvement in the the development of the FANS technology.

Australia punches waaay above its weight in these forums. which is not surprising given our unique and very challenging aviation environment in one of the most isolated communities in the world.

Found this in one of my folders, it's a bit old but still very interesting and informative nonetheless.
http://www.eurocontrol.int/surveilla...report_1_1.pdf