PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAM A320 crash at Congonhas, Brazil
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 14:16
Scurvy.D.Dog
I'm in one of those moods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most air incidents are caused by five or more reasons.
…. Rubbish …. most only need two concurrent triggers … some only 1
Therefore:-
The runway was resurfaced incorrectly.
I would be fairly certain the runway was resurfaced correctly … wether it was fit for use in certain conditions before grooving remains to be seen!
The aircraft was serviced incorrectly.
It has been confirm in this and other threads many times by experts flying these things that these aircraft (in fact most aircraft fitted with TR’s) can fly and land safely without TR’s
The weather conditions were below the minima for that runway.
Garbage …. That suggests a wilful breach of landing weather minima … no such suggestion has been inferred here or elsewhere … an outrageous slur on the deceased crew!
Air Traffic was at fault.
… an outrageous slur on the air traffic controllers who like pilots are working in difficult conditions in a very pressurised environment in Brazil given recent events …. Nothing, I repeat nothing of this appalling tragedy has been pointed at Air Traffic Control!
The pilot was at fault.
…. Again, an outrageous slur on their memories and that of their families … It is becoming quite clear from this and other events carefully listed here, that this was not the first crew to experience an unexpected (although not unique) set of circumstances with little time to analyse and correct the situation … read the information presented here … the AB circular is instructive!
The Brasiliian authorities were at fault.
… it takes two to tango, and many to fill a ballroom
This always combines into a tragedy.
… based on your summary of events … I would suggest 'tragedy' takes on a whole new meaning!
There is never just one reason or one person at fault ?
… except when it comes to a keyboard being used without supervision!
Mods … pppppleeease!