PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CEO resigns from GF
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2007, 11:02
DREAMLINER380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These Words Will Hurt!!!

This is the first and last post I will write, and I am sorry to say but my following words will hurt many! I am writing the following with the utmost transparency.

Transparency, as used in the humanities, implies openness, communication, and accountability. It is a metaphorical extension of the meaning used in the physical sciences: a "transparent" object is one that can be seen through.

Well me being an ex Gulf Air F/O in the 90’s I have always been interested in what is going on and due to the recent incidents I have been looking with interest at this ‘Forum” for any insight on what is happening with GF.

I am sorry to say that it is no surprise that GF is in the state it is when it employs people with manners and behavior like many of you.
I have been shocked by the ignorance, hatred and racism that some of you write your posts!! I have never been in favor of such sites, I have done a big mistake by now being interested - the stupidity, selfishness and lack of maturity that some of you show is un acceptable and this is the reason I am writing.

We are supposed to be mature professionals with years of experience!! Where is the CRM that we are supposed to be living by not just on the job but in everyday life!?
I really feel sorry for the crew that has to spend nights and days flying with many of you. You give me a sense that you are boring, uneducated and with no interests in life at all.
(Spending time writing such obscene ideas on such a site is really petty) at least try and use this time to get everybody together and try save your company from being lost.

The message saying that this would be a chance to get a pay rise (like many others)is so selfish, do you guys do not see beyond your nose and realize how serious this is?? You might not have a job in a few weeks and all you think about is a pay rise!!!!!
I always thought that a forum is a portal for ideas to be shared and to educate one another instead this forum is being abused!!!! Shame.
This forum seems to be much more of a twelve year old blog, and many of you remind me of old Sicilian country woman back stabbing and foul mouthing their neighbor ( for you not knowing what a blog is please ask someone or google it)

Many of you seem very smart and intelligent as you have all the strategies and formulas to every solution – maybe you should give the post of the new CEO a try – considering that the last 2 CEOs (I am quoting your words here) have done nothing and that the company is in the state it is because of them, I am sure you will be able to do a better job then they did! Don’t you think?? You might shine!
Well with your attitude I believe that there will not be many employees working for the company if you did take over – EVERYBODY WOULD LEAVE.
Also I do not think you have 1% of courage to do so – you give me the feeling that you are a person that would throw a stone and hide his hand – A looser!!

To tackle the last few incidents that happened and how individuals are being questioned etc I wonder how it is only now that such actions are being taken – I ask my self is it may be these individuals are being used as a scapegoat?? (Please refer to a dictionary if you do not know the meaning) It is strange how many of you said that the pilfering happened since the Oz troop came in……Have you forgotten about what happened during the nineties!??? Have you really forgotten? Well or maybe you where blind, because it happened so ruthlessly in the open!!!

When it comes to fraud theft and corruption for me it is taboo….and for whom is “caught with their hand in the cookie jar”( again please google this it’s a saying) ………Yes there should be JUSTICE FOR ALL , and in the civilized world we also say Innocent until proven guilty. So stop pointing the fingers and only do so when there is proof!! Living life with such fanatical hatred makes life complicated for everyone – the most important for YOU! You achieve nothing and give back nothing by living this way.

Yes I agree that there are many locals that can run a company; many are doing so already and many of them are friends of mine – but Gulf Air is not a normal company run in the normal diplomatic system it has old ways of being run and this makes the job harder then any other job out there.
Only few locals will go for the job at hand, many know what kind of bureaucracy and ‘vicious circle of friends’ are behind the so called ‘pink palace’, they have been around so long and are now so powerful that they are well camouflaged and now Untouchable! It will be the continuation of the end if one of them will take over!

I wish you all the best for your future!! Take care and before you come back to me with foulmouthed replies, read between the lines and ask your self a few honest questions that deserve only honest answers!!

GOD BLESS !!

The capacity for getting along with our neighbor depends to a large extent on the capacity for getting along with ourselves. The self-respecting individual will try to be as tolerant of his neighbor's shortcomings as he is of his own. - Eric Hoffer